The 1804 Square
This was the site of the supposedly oldest house in Hvalsø, built late in the 18th Century.
From 1804 until 1888 it housed the school in Hvalsø. The photo shows Niels Christensen and his housekeeper, residents of the house from 1890-1935, in front of the newly thatched house.
However, after years of neglect, the house was bought by the Council in 2004 and torn down to give room for a recreational site for the citizens. The engraved stone was bestowed by a local stone carver, Kurt Larsen.